Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Okinawa

My first day in Okinawa Stevie, Jason, and Bryton took me to the Southeast Botanical Gardens. I never thought that after traveling half way across the world I would get to see such a beautiful Japanese garden. It amazed me how tranquil it was to walk through it and the design of the gardens were extravagant. It was fun to walk along the finely groomed paths, through the flowered covered walkways, up over the hand carved bridges and across the blooming waterlily ponds with its yellow, pink and white flowers. I could have spent the whole time here just in these gardens and come back completely satisfied. One thing that I learned was that in Okinawa they have no trash on the streets or in their parks or at any exhibit. It is so clean. A they also have vending machines every 50 feet! Really, every 50 feet though out the whole island. One for every seven people!

No comments:

Post a Comment